North Creek / Gore Mountain Real Estate
The North Creek/Gore Mountain area is a four-season playground, offering cross-country mountain biking, white water rafting on the Hudson, scenic gondola rides, and events during the summer and fall
and winter sports at one of the East Coast’s top 10 ski centers.*
Gore Mountain real estate ranges from the rustic to the contemporary. Of particular interest is the exciting, new Preserve at Gore Mountain, a 680 acre project with 55 residential lots and recreational facilities including a 20 acre shallow pond with a seasonal dock.
Gore Mountain Ski Center has been voted one of the top 10 ski centers in the East for value every year since 2001 by Ski Magazine. Established in 1964 by the State of New York and managed by the Olympic Regional Development Authority, Gore is in its 42nd season of operation.
Summit Elevation: 3,600’
Vertical Drop: 2,100’
Terrain: 86 Trails Including 13 Glades & 12 Cross-Country/Snowshoeing/Backcountry Trails
Snowfall: Average 150” per year
- 95% snowmaking coverage
- 25 million-gallon reservoir refilled by the Hudson River pumping system
- 5,600 gallons per minute pumping capacity
Opening of the North Creek Ski Bowl tubing park in January 2003
High-Speed Northwoods Gondola:
- Cabin: 8-passenger detachable
- Passengers per hour: 2,400
- All mountain areas (Straightbrook, High Peaks, North Side, East Side) accessible from Bear Mountain’s Northwoods Gondola
- Gore Mountain’s separate beginner areas are perfect for a safe learning experience.
- Gore Mountain’s 2,100’ vertical drop gives it the most vertical within a 4-hour drive of metropolitan New York.
- Gore Mountain’s expert only trail, “The Rumor,” is one of the steepest in the East, and was voted “One of the All-Time, Undisputed, Absolute Best Trails,” by SKI Magazine in October 2004.
- Gore Mountain has extensive glades, backcountry, and cross-country ski trails, and snowshoeing.
- Gore Mountain Ski Area is developed on seven sides of three distinct mountains: Gore Mountain, Bear Mountain, and Burnt Ridge Mountain.
- Gore Mountain was awarded the international Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Environmental Education at the National Ski Areas Association annual convention in May 2005. Gore won the Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Environmental Group Relations in May 2000.
- The Bear Cub Den Nursery is open daily from 8 AM - 4: 15 PM for children ages 6 months to 6 years.
- The Ski & Snowboard Shop, with a complete line of new Rossignol ski and Burton snowboard rentals, clothing, and accessories, is open daily from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The Gore Mountain Ski & Snowboard School, offering private and group lessons daily for all levels of skiers ages 4 and older and snowboarders ages 5 and older, is open from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
* Ski Magazine, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
North Creek, Gore Mountain Property Search Results
Click here for an advance property search